||GFRC or GRC, also reckoned as Glass fiber reinforced concrete, is a fiber-reinforced type of concrete.
GRC - Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete is a composite material developed from high quality white cement, Alkaline Resistant (AR) Glass Fibre, fine quartz silica sand, Bonding Agents, Water and Chemical Admixture.Features of GRC
High Strength/Light Weight
- Light weight owing to thin section
- High Design flexibility
- High bending as well as impact strength
- Ensure greater length with no joints
- Reduced weight on building
- Can be designed in Thin Sections
No Steel Reinforcement
- Reduced quantities of supports
- Eliminate electromagnetic interference along with signaling cables.
High Impact Strength
- No degradation of concrete.
- Minimized breakages at the time of transportation and erection
- Fixing procedure of GRC is dry fixed that avoids the problems of wet fixed claddings such as choking, streaking, and stained joints
- Dry fixing is carried out using stainless fixtures
- Needs no repainting and maintenance
- Never rusts, rots or corrodes
- No brittleness
- Can be mold into any shape, design
- Can be made repeatedly using rubber mould.
- Excellent sound as well as heat insulation properties
- Can be designed in a variety of colours